Monday, June 11, 2007

Manic Monday

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Manic Monday/Poetry Train

Ode to My Computer Friends

I sit for hours on this computer chair,
Typing here, typing there,
Sending words across the wire,
To city, hill, dale, and shire,
Keeping in touch with all I know,
Talking bout my favorite show
Or whats happened here at home,
Or abroad when I get to roam.
I tell my silly stories in poetry and prose,
Bout how my day started or how it will close.
I write the things that are in my head,
Wondering if they'll be read,
Making aquaintances, contacts and friends
Just by typing and hitting "Send"

10 comments:

Rhian said...

LMAO!!!! Great poem Loo! I've been pondering recently what it is about the short but powerful method of communicating that seems to strip away some of our barriers and allows strong, immediate friendships to form in blogland. It's a different dance we do than the one performed face to face.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

"Typing here, typing there,
Sending words across the wire,
To city, hill, dale, and shire"

I like these lines a lot. It captures both an old-fashioned love of wordsmithing and the modern technology of internet use.

Heather Harper said...

Oh, I can relate...

I hit send and publish a lot. :)

loopdlu said...

this poem was fun! it was just, off the top of my head, old-fashioned rhyme, flowed and ebbed. a no-angst product! gotta love that, occasionally :)

Carol said...

How fun and true. We make friends in such strange ways with the computer and tell them things we might not tell them in person. Carol

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

SO TRUE!!! And nicely stated, too.

Anna J. Evans said...

This was fun :). And I can so relate. I think typing here and typing there is the ONLY way I relate to other grown-ups on many many days.

Anna J. Evans

Ann said...

LOL! That was fun.

loopdlu said...

Thank you to everyone for stopping by, and for your kind comments. I hope you come back again to read what my demented brain spews out ;)

Rebecca said...

I can relate completely!!