Thursday, May 24, 2007

All grown up

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today is Em's day!!!! YAY!!! Yes, I'm totally freaked out that my oldest is graduating from high school......I can NOT believe he's old enough, really. This is a pic of both of my kids, David Emmitt and Ann. He mostly goes by David, but "Em" has always been my special name for him. He's a bright, wonderful young man who makes all those around him smile....even as they're reaching for a blunt object to beat him with. lol. He's stubborn (hmmm family trait???) determined and knows what he wants in life. His goal is to graduate from Culinary School and get a job working in one of Emeril's restaurants. Emeril is one of his culinary role models, and Em would like to someday own his own restaurant and have a cooking show on the Food Network. He certainly has the personality for it. His sister says that he doesn't get in trouble half as often as she does because he charms his way out of it, or gets me laughing so hard I forget I was angry at him. Hmmmmm, she may be right.

So, I'll spend the day traumatized that my baby is graduating. And, I'll probably shed a few tears tonight, as well.

No comments: